Sunday, October 19, 2014

New Job

Today I quit my job of 10 years. It has been a good job. My duties have spanned designing, coding and delivering version 1.0 products, managing multiple development teams, leading a team into Agile and product management. I have learned a lot, grown a lot but its time to move on.

I have spent my life at small startups some of which grew to many hundred of employees by the time I left. I have to got to experience the challenges of  growth, the joy of going public as well as the sadness when people are laid off because you cant make payroll. I love the excitement of a startup!

So where am I going next? I am joining a 20 year old company and will be managing teams across the US and in India as they are architect their legacy product using Agile methodologies. I am looking forward to teaching, shaping developers and sharing my experiences as I figure out just what is the role of a development manager!

No comments:

Post a Comment